Afrox’s four strategic objectives remain:
Remain profitable and continue to deliver efficiencies by focusing on ROCE, EBITDA and free cash flow.
- Afrox continually reviews its customers and suppliers to ensure the right products are supplied at the right prices to the right locations. We view customer service as a key element in protecting the future sustainability of Afrox as a whole.
- Afrox continues to pursue growth opportunities in consumer-led markets such as gas for fast-food retailers or soft drink carbonation.
Enhance operational effectiveness to maintain competitive edge. Focus on consumer-led growth opportunities (food and beverage, hospitality and healthcare) and maintain stable supply of LPG in all markets.
- BBBEE level
- The Company continues to invest in maintenance and infrastructure upgrades to improve its existing facilities.
- Security of LPG supply has been achieved through strategic import agreements. Refer to security of supply.
- Through a focused internal programme, the Company’s BBBEE score improved to a level 4 under the new BBBEE Codes of Good Practice (BBBEE Codes).
Further advance our safety culture to the point where it is fully integrated into every aspect of the way we do business and is reflected in reduced major incidents reported (MIRs). Maintain and improve quality while mitigating our environmental impacts.
- The Company applies a best-practice approach to safety that has been personalised in our SHEQ Golden Rules of Safety.
- Our leaders are responsible for driving a safety culture, yet each employee remains responsible for acting safely and supporting their peers.
- The Company seeks to safeguard all stakeholders involved in its value chain. This is reflected in several engagements to train suppliers and end users on the safe and correct use of Afrox products.
- The Company is exploring more efficient ways of utilising technology and internal data to improve the safety of our employees, contractors and assets.
Develop our leaders and empower our employees in a way that promotes behaviour that results in excellent performance, adding customer value and providing business profitability.
- Productivity improvement
- Afrox’s Board members undergo annual evaluations and receive training in areas relevant to the execution of their duties. Our strong corporate governance base sets the tone for ethical and sustainable business operation.
- Employees are trained regularly to enhance their performance and further align them to the Afrox values. Refer to training information.
- The Company is committed to transparent communication with stakeholders through a range of channels. Refer to our stakeholder engagement section.
2018 focus areas
In the next financial year, our focus is to:
|Area||Core activity||Intended actions||Link to strategy|
|Enhance customer experience||Increase our routes to market||Improve the Company’s operating model and regain market presence.||
|Building future business||Increase growth||Drive new initiatives in South Africa, develop opportunities for Emerging Africa and increase our exports.||
|Improve operational efficiency||Decrease fixed costs||Deliver R140 million in cost savings and further enhance our continuous improvement culture.||